The National Housing Fund (NHF) scheme was established by Decree 2 of 1992 for workers to contribute 2.5% of their basic salary into the fund to be used to grant mortgage loans to them at very concessionary terms for the purchase, building, expansion or renovation of their houses.
As a Primary Mortgage Institution accredited by both the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria to access the fund on behalf of contributors, this product enables our customers to gain access to the fund. This scheme is designed for all contributors to the NHF. Benefits of this product include long tenor of up to 30 years and low interest rate of 6% per annum.
- Open a personal account with SAFETRUST. Build up your personal account to accommodate a minimum balance of 10% (i.e personal stake, equity contribution or seed fund) of desired house type.
- Maximum loan accessible under the NHF scheme is Fifteen Million Naira (N15,000,000.00).
- Lending rate is 6% per annum on a reducing balance annuity .
- Maximum repayment period is 30 years (subject to applicants age, and years to retirement).
- Applicant must have been a contributor to NHF for a minimum of 6 months(payment in arrears are allowed).
- Availability of land with good title documents (C of O preferred).
- Photocopy of search report on the certificate of title.
- Approved building plan from recognised planning authority.
- Bills of Quantities from qualified Estate Surveyor (for new structures).
- Valuation Report by a registered/accredited Estate Valuer firm.
- Evidence of advanced payment of deposit in case of National Housing Fund, State Housing Authority Allocation. In addition, an undertaking from Authority to convey necessary title upon final payment.
- Evidence of deposit payment in case of outright purchase. In addition, an undertaking from the vendor to convey necessary title upon final payment.
- Evidence of income (payslips for the past 3 months and evidence of other sources of income, declared).
- Photocopy of current tax clearance certificate